We have some openings on the staff team that serves our church family.
The worship pastor at Trinity Grace Park Slope works in partnership with the rest of the staff team and church family to support and foster a culture of worship that is both passionate and genuine. The worship pastor serves as a kind of translator helping to offer words for people to use in giving expression to a rich and full life with God. The worship pastor is vital in curating the environment of our church’s gatherings in order to help people commune with God and one another in a meaningful way. This position requires someone that loves to worship God personally as well as in community. This person will need to be highly creative and skilled as a musician and storyteller as well as committed to keeping their heart fully alive in an ongoing abiding relationship with Christ. They will also need to be adept at building teams both in identifying qualified new participants in our musical worship as well as continuing to empower and encourage them. The worship leader coordinates with the lead pastor and other staff to craft the liturgy and song selection for all of the church’s regularly scheduled worship gatherings as well as special worship events. He/she also supervise and help direct all aspects of production for these gatherings and events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Direct and Lead Music and Liturgy for Weekend Worship Gatherings
- Take the lead with pastoral staff in planning the worship services for the church
- Craft the liturgical elements of the service including but not limited to prayers, confessions, readings, and songs
- Take primary ownership for the execution of those plans
- Build, lead, and sustain a team of worshippers and a culture of worship
- Oversee all musical, operational, and technical aspects of weekend gatherings including sound, set up, tear down, media, band, charts
- Write original worship songs and re-arrange old songs
- Contribute as need to recording projects
- Help develop liturgies
- Help to craft service plans, assemble musicians, and creatively lead in special worship gatherings as needed (e.g. Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Brooklyn Worship Nights)
- Lead worship on retreats and for other church-wide events
Direct Administration of the Worship Ministry
- Recruit and sustain volunteers for key positions on weekend gathering teams
- Oversee weekly scheduling of those volunteers
- Various administrative duties involved with the fulfilling of worship gathering, printing materials for Sunday, compliance with copyright laws, etc.
- Edit and post sermon podcast and Brooklyn Interview Series each week or as needed to TGC dropbox
- Provide other support to the pastoral team as needed
- Upkeep/repairs on all things sound/ops
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Our hope and prayer for our church is to be a people that love and enjoy the presence of God. We seek to be those who lift up praise, worship, adoration, and joy along with lament, confession, and the requests of our hearts.
- We hope to to be a people that commune with God regularly whenever we are gathered and to be growing in responsiveness to the Holy Spirit.
- We have been and long to continue on as a church that contributes language, music, and songs for the wider church to have as a resource in communing with God.
- We desire to be a church that functions with healthy teams where the gifts of our church family are identified, empowered, and released.
Hours required: 25 hours per week
The Church Administrator is the lynchpin of the team, disseminating information in a timely and professional manner to staff, leaders, the congregation, and the general public when applicable. This role involves creating environments of hospitality and helping newcomers and neighbors connect to the church. The Church Administrator is also relied upon for event coordination and maintaining the church offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Communications / Hospitality
- Manage email database and send monthly and special emails as needed
- Maintain church website, app, podcast and all social media accounts
- Monitor 'Connect' inbox to help people get involved in our church community
- Create and print Sunday bulletins
- Create or delegate and oversee creation of additional print materials as needed
- Oversee the operations of the Sunday hospitality team:
- Raising up and caring for leaders and volunteers through personal and group meetings
- Stocking and maintaining the supplies needed for Sunday gatherings
- Be the backstop if anyone doesn’t show or doesn’t know what to do
- Order breakfast for serve teams each week
- Oversee scheduling of hospitality volunteers
- Evolve and adapt as necessary to make the logistics run smoothly so volunteers are able to serve in their gifts
- Respond to connection cards and delegate follow-up as necessary
- Help schedule and plan church meetings sending reminders to all parties
- Keep staff in the loop on important changes, meetings and needs
- Manage RSVPs for events (Intro to Trinity Grace, equipping classes, etc.)
- Plan and execute large scale events (e.g. retreats, members course, Christmas party)
- Give Worship Pastor and/or Tech director all announcement slides and videos for Sundays
- Order and inventory office supplies as needed, managing accounts with Amazon.com, Staples.com, Poland Spring, etc.
- Keep 15th Street office clean and presentable at all times for guests. Take out trash and recycling on Thursdays evenings.
- Manage and pay housekeeper for 5th Avenue office
- Take out trash and recycling from 5th Avenue office each Tuesday afternoon
- Manage office reservations (for prayer meetings, lifegroups, etc.)
- Send and receive mail
- Liaise with office landlords and other renters in buildings, communicating and resolving issues quickly
- Help develop and implement new systems as needed
- Bring any supplies needed for that morning
- Oversee Sunday gathering set up, help troubleshoot
- Liaise with school staff—custodians and security
- Set-up the breakfast for the serve teams
- Make sure connect table is set up and any special materials are handed out by Hospitality team or made visibly available (e.g. Christmas Offering postcards, special seasonal materials, books)
- Help answer questions and be “first welcome” for newcomers
- Count offering with another leader/staff person
- For special services (baby dedication, baptism) help make sure everything is in place and all extra materials have been prepared
- Assist with set up for special meetings before and after gathering
- Read tone and response to Sunday gatherings, sensing needs and proactively suggesting changes
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy; comfortable working in a Mac environment
- Working knowledge of Pages, Word, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop, Squarespace
- Proactive; willingness to take initiative
- Warm and welcoming personality
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work environment
How to Apply
If interested in either position please send resume to email@example.com
Trinity Grace Church is committed to providing equal opportunity in all phases of employment and employment-related activities. Equal employment opportunities will be provided to all individuals based on related qualifications and ability to perform the job, without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin, political affiliation, disability or veteran status. This policy applies to all personnel actions relating to employment, including retirement, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and terminations.
Trinity Grace Church relies on the accuracy of information contained in the employment application, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring and employment process. Any misrepresentations, falsifications or material omissions in any of this information or data may result in Trinity Grace Church’s exclusion of the individual from further consideration for employment or, if the person has been hired, termination of employment.