Say Yes to TGC kids:
TGC Kids guides children in their relationship with Christ by providing a loving atmosphere where they can be fully accepted as children created in the image of God. We support parents as primary disciple makers and invite each family at Trinity Grace into the wonder of God's story. Our Music Team brings to life the story of the Gospel and shares the joy of worship with every child in our church family.
Say yes to...
our team goals
The spiritual, physical and emotional health of our families is our priority. We see each child as an individual that is made in the image of God, with spiritual gifts to be encouraged.
Each Sunday at Trinity Grace, we provide an safe and engaging environment of loving consistency so that children can build community with their peers and grow in their relationship with God.
what to expect
We have 1–2 worship leaders hosting Story + Music with preschool and elementary classes each week. You can expect to help in a variety of ways:
- setup and teardown of tables, chairs, audio/visual equipment, and instruments
- pray together as a team before the service and discuss any important logistics
- wear a lanyard (and a smile) to welcome and engage with each class
- maintain the open-door policy and two-person rule in every classroom
- proactively assist the TGC staff to prepare and plan for the classroom experience
Your Role: Worship Leader
Schedule: 1 Sunday per month
Commitment: April—June 2018
- sign the TGC Kids volunteer covenant agreement and photo/video release
- agree to a comprehensive background check
- complete the TGC Kids Course (available online)
- participate in the Stewards of Children training session (available online or in-person)
- confirm your availability on the team calendar each month and cancel in advance / swap with another week
- ability to participate in light physical activity (setting up tables, and audio/visual equipment, etc)
- willingness to collaborate with other TGC Kids worship leaders for songwriting sessions
- demonstrate a heart for joyfully serving the Trinity Grace community, celebrating families, and keeping our children safe
- move any existing classroom tables and chairs
- clean floors and surfaces
- setup mats, audio/visual equipment, and instruments
- welcome each class and assist with the transition before and after Story + Music time
- introduce and discuss curriculum video content with classes
- demonstrate and practice memory verse with classes
- lead worship and prayer with classes
- provide loving correction and redirection to better choices and promptly report any issues so parents can return to help
- teardown equipment, reset the room to its original specifications, and return supplies to the storage boxes